The order of trial or hearing will be as follow:
1. Each side will give an opening statement or an introduction. It should include what you will prove at trial.
2. The plaintiff will call and conduct a direct examination of his or her witnesses.
3. After each of the plaintiff's witnesses, the defendant will have a chance to cross examine each witness.
4. The witness may also be subjected to "re-direct" or "re-cross."
5. After plaintiff finishes with all of his/her witnesses and evidence, the defendant will be able to call and conduct a direct examination of his or her witnesses.
6. After each of defendant's witnesses, the plaintiff will have a chance to cross examine each witness.
7. At any time, the judge or hearing's officer can ask questions.
8. The trial or hearing will end with closing arguments on both sides - summarizes the evidence and tells the judge or hearings officer what you want and why you should get it.