The following are steps you can take to stop your landlord from illegally shutting off your utilities.
1. Fill out and send a form letter to your landlord.
2. If the letter does not stop landlord's actions, fill out all the court forms in this packet.
3. Make 3 copies of the forms and staple.
4. File your papers at the District Court. Pay the filing fee if you did not get it waived. Please check with the District Court clerks for the fees. Make sure you get at least one date-stamped copy for both yourself and your landlord.
5. Properly deliver ("serve") a date-stamped copy of the court papers (see page 6) to your landlord.
6. Go to the court hearing. The court clerk will write the date and time of your hearing on the Notice of Hearing form.
Click next to continue - you will find further instructions on each steps.