Option B: If the Respondent did NOT file an Response or Response and Counterclaim, complete the following:
Remember: Take an original and two copies of each document to file with the Clerk’s office. You will need to send a copy of any filed document to the Respondent unless otherwise stated below. Additional information on each step is available in Packet #5 - Child Support Modification (Petitioner).
1. Complete the Application for Entry of Default
2. Complete the Affidavit in Support of Default
3. Complete the Entry of Default (Clerk will sign if your paperwork is correct)
4. Complete the Confidential Financial Affidavit
5. Complete the Affidavit of Imputed Income
6. Complete the Order for Income Withholding Order
7. Complete the Income Withholding for Support (Or, you can also open up a case with your local child support enforcement agency and they will prepare this form for you)
8. Complete the Order Modifying Child Support and Judgment for Arrears. MAKE SURE TO MARK “DEFAULT” ON DECREE.
Take an original and two (2) copies of the Order for filing with the Clerk and two (2) addressed, stamped envelopes (one addressed to you and one to the Respondent with enough postage to cover the cost of mailing the Order to you and the Respondent).
9. Complete and file any additional documents required by your Court.
10. If your Court requires a hearing before entering a Order, then, you will also need to file and complete the following:
- Request for Setting
- Order Setting Hearing
- Take an original and two (2) copies of the Order Setting Hearing for filing with the Clerk and two (2) addressed, stamped envelopes (one addressed to you and one to the Respondent with enough postage to cover the cost of mailing the Order Setting Hearing to you and the Respondent).
- Attend the Hearing
Your child support order has been modified when the Order has been signed by the Judge and filed by the Clerk.